- What are the major highlights of the Webstix CMS?
- What is the cost benefits of a CMS compared to a static site?
- What is the cost of your CMS?
- What is included in your CMS package?
- Can I enter the content myself?
- What are the extra costs if Webstix does the layout of additional pages?
- What are there any monthly service fees?
- What is included in the monthly service fees?
- Are there any long-term commitments?
- What happens if I would like to host my web site with another company? Do I have to start from scratch?
- What is NOT included with the CMS?
- Is Webstix a full service Web Development Company?
- What is "Marketing Communication"?
- Can you give me some links to your recent work?
- What is your process?
- What is the timeline?
- Are there any hidden or extra charges?
- What about images and stock photography?
- What is a staging site?
- Can you show me a sample staging site?
- How will people find my web site using Google or other search engines?
- Is it really that important to have a Google optimized site?
- Do you have SEO specialists on staff?
· Add an unlimited amount of pages
· It's easy to change text and photos - on a daily basis if you like!
· User friendly – no special skills required.
· Delegate responsibility and add users without loosing control
· No special software to install – just use your web browser
2. What is the cost benefits of a CMS compared to a static site?
The benefit of a CMS with respect to convenience and cost savings are significant over time. In fact, the Webstix CMS is comparable in cost to a regular “static” web site with about 10 static pages. We don't recommend going with a site structure (i.e. static) that is about to be outdated or that requires extensive knowledge in special software (FrontPage, Dreamweaver, etc.).
· A custom designed home page and inside page template (based on 2 different design concepts made from scratch).
· Complete set-up of the CMS.
· Webstix entering the content and to do the custom layout for a total of five (5) inside pages (this is, of course, in addition to the home page itself).
5. Can I enter the content myself?
Yes, you always have the option to enter additional content yourself (you can create an unlimited number of pages at no extra charge) and the Webstix CMS is designed to make this simple and easy.
6. What are the extra costs if Webstix does the layout of additional pages?
If you'd like professional image formatting and page layout done, Webstix can do this for you at a cost of $60 per page for the next 25 pages and $40 per page for every page beyond that. It doesn't matter how much content is on the page, just a reasonable amount of text and pictures is considered one page.
For example, for a total of 3 additional pages, over and above the 5 pages included in the package, you're looking at an additional $180.00 (again, this is only if you like Webstix to do the initial layout of those extra pages).
We feel this pricing structure offers our clients the most flexibility. If you need us, we are there for you and if not, you have everything you need to build the rest of the site yourself without having to know HTML or be familiar with “coding” or graphics design.
10. What happens if I would like to host my web site with another company? Do I have to start from scratch?
No, the Webstix CMS contains an “export” feature that allows you to export all the content of your web site into a static HTML version of your existing site at any time.
Technically speaking, this exported version of your web site can be hosted by anyone as a standard HTML static web site. The exported version will remain exactly the same way as it was at the time you saved it.
All that would happen is that you loose your CMS privileges and you would not be able to use the CMS functions.
11. What is NOT included with the CMS?
If you, for example, would like to add an online payment system (example: www.webstix.com/payment) or some kind of “e-commerce” that would be extra (starts at $600
In fact, the CMS includes many features for free such as the e-mail sign up and email newsletters, password protected pages and the ability to create online forms that normally, when you build a static web site, cost extra.
12. Is Webstix a full service Web Development Company?
Yes, we offer a full range of products from basic web sites to e-commerce solutions, custom programming applications and Marketing Communications (content development, copywriting, etc.).
15. What is your process?
We first speak with you about your goals for the web site. Are you selling products? Providing Information? Connecting with clients or constituents? What is your target audience? Is it Global, nationwide or regional? The list goes on… What do you want the site to do for you or your business? We want to build a site that becomes a tool for you.
Our ultimate goal is to design a beautiful custom web site with a look and feel of sophistication and style that reflects your organizations unique services and that strengthens your position in the market place.
With respect to the design of your home page, it's important for us to know and understand your likes and dislikes. After all, you are the expert in your field. As we discuss the design perimeters together, we listen, ask questions, and of course, add our own suggestions and recommendations. We are, after all, the experts on building successful web sites and every ounce of our knowledge and experience will be applied to making your web site the best it can be.
Once we've done our homework, our graphic artists start designing your home page. We start from scratch and we initially come up with two different design concepts. (Add $500 for additional design concepts).
When the home page have been designed and approved, we proceed with the design of the inside page template and submit it for your approval. The next step is to wire up the CMS and to do the layout and enter the content of the individual pages of your site.
16. What is the timeline?
The design process itself usually takes about 2-3 weeks and the total project usually takes about 3-7 weeks. However, we've built and launched great looking sites in as little as a week so please make us aware of your deadlines.
Before we begin work on your web site, we present you with a detailed proposal that outlines the scope of your web site project. With your approval, a Service Agreement is created and signed by both parties and the deposit is paid.
If you wish to add items to the Service Agreement, an Amendment will be produced and we will ask you to approve the work as described. This assures that there are no surprises or any hidden charges.
If you, as our client, request custom stock photography that is NOT in-stock we will notify you in advance, and get your approval in writing, before using any such images on your web site.
21. How will people find my web site using Google or other search engines?
The process of being found in the search engines is called Search Engine Optimization, or SEO for short.
The Webstix CMS is designed to work well with the search engines. In fact, every web site that we build incorporates every bit of knowledge and experience that we have as a company.
When doing a CMS project, the Webstix Project Manager will right away ask you for a list of keywords. These keywords will be researched and used as a base for your site. They will be considered when doing every aspect of your web site project from design to programming; we concentrate on your keywords so that your site naturally ranks high.
22. Is it really that important to have a Google optimized site?
Yes, it's very important because a web site that is designed and programmed correctly from the very beginning will, from an SEO perspective, stand a lot better chance of being ranked higher in the search engines then a site with poor “SEO” design.
23. Do you have SEO specialists on staff?
Yes we do. The field of SEO changes constantly and we offer our clients the unique benefit of having a dedicated SEO specialist on staff that stays on top of new developments and who is personally involved with every web site that we build. Also, should you ever want to work on improving your rankings, you will be in a much better position to do so with a web site that was built correctly from the get go.
If we've not included your question or if you need more information on anything please contact us and let us know.