Using our easy ticket system makes thing easy for you. You can create a ticket that goes right to our maintenance team by just sending in an email. What happens when you submit a ticket is:
- We estimate how much time the work will take.
- If the work will take less than an hour and you have Maintenance Blocks in your account, then we start the work immediately.
- If the work will take more than an hour or you do not have Maintenance Blocks in your account, then we email you our estimate and wait for your approval before we begin.
- When the work is completed, you receive an email that give you links (or screen shots) to see the work. We backup all files that we update and we also test all of our work in different web browsers. Working on live websites is something we don't take lightly as we realize your website represents your business or organization.
Website Maintenance Help
Our Website Maintenance Service Includes the Following:
- We will give you an estimate for the work or you can decide to just have us do the work if it's under a threshold that you set.
- Once accepted, we complete the website update work for you.
- A back up copy of files we're going to edit are created.
- We will spell check your copy.
- We test links.
- We check how the update looks in multiple web browsers and operating systems including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Windows XP, Windows Vista and Mac OS X.
- We document our changes and create a report for you.
- The work is completed, we update your Maintenance Blocks page and we email you a report.
We can work either in a staging site environment or we can work on your live website. Using a staging site environment usually takes more time though since the staging site would have to be set up and then those changes would then have to be moved up to the live website. If you do not have a staging website set up, we can do that but again, we would need to charge for the extra time to do that.
Even if we don't set up a staging website, that's fine. We keep copies of changed files, so it's easy to change things back if needed. Using a staging site is up to you. We work on live websites all the time.