Instructions below to add a menu item:
- On the Admin menu, Navigate to Catalog -> Manage Categories.
- First you have to choose/click a category.
- If you wish to add a menu item to display on the Main menu bar of your website, click Default Category on the left category tree.
- If you wish to display it in sub navigation, choose the respective category and click on it, and then click on Add Subcategory button above the category tree. Refer to the screenshot below.
Note: You can click on the (+) sign and expand the category.
- Then, do the following steps:
- Enter a Name for the subcategory, as you want it to appear on the menu.
- Set Is Active to “Yes.”
- Scroll down to the bottom, and set Include in Navigation Menu to “Yes.”
- In the Display Settings tab,
- Choose display mode to “Products only,” if you would like to view products.
- Choose display mode to “Static block only,” if you would like to view content.
- If you have chosen “Products only,” choose the products to display on the Category Products tab
- If you have chosen “Static block only,” choose the static block from the “CMS Block” dropdown next to display mode. Refer to this screenshot:
- Click on the “Custom Design” tab, and choose Page Layout as per theme.
- In the upper-right corner, click the Save Category button.
Note: On the category tree on the left, you can also just drag the new category to the position where you want it to appear in the menu.