Joomla 3.9.7 and 3.9.8 are Out
Joomla! 3.9.7 and 3.9.8 are now available and they’re security releases. Since a few security issues and bugs have been resolved, we’re considering these updates security fixes and we recommend all Joomla website owners have these upgrades done.
Joomla! 3.9.7 is a security release which addresses 3 security vulnerabilities, contains over 40 bug fixes and improvements.
Joomla! 3.9.7 Release (joomla.org)
What’s in Joomla! 3.9.7?
Security Issues Fixed:
- Low Priority – Core – CSV injection in com_actionlogs (affecting Joomla 3.9.0 through 3.9.6)
- Low Priority – Core – XSS in subform field (affecting Joomla 3.6.0 through 3.9.6)
- Low Priority – Core – ACL hardening of com_joomlaupdate (affecting Joomla 3.8.13 through 3.9.6)
Bug fixes and Improvements:
- Batch system: Copy permissions of modules and categories
- Progessive cache improvements
- Fix to avoid duplicated custom fields in com_content
- RTL improvements
- Removal of the unofficial French Help Server
- TinyMCE improvements:
- RSS: Fix to display the right category
- Media Manager: Fix directory traversal for symlinked folders
- User registration: Correct http schema used
Joomla! 3.9.8 Release (joomla.org)
What’s in Joomla! 3.9.8?
Joomla 3.9.8 is fixing one bug introduced into Joomla 3.9.7, due to the removal of the French Help Server.
Our Website Maintenance Department will be in contact with our clients regarding this upgrade. If you need this upgrade done on your website, please contact us.