WordPress 4.5.3 Released
There is a new version of WordPress out today. It’s a security release, so it should be applied as soon as possible.
WordPress 4.5.3 Maintenance and Security Release (wordpress.org)
WordPress 4.5.3 is now available. This is a security release for all previous versions and we strongly encourage you to update your sites immediately.
WordPress versions 4.5.2 and earlier are affected by several security issues:
- redirect bypass in the customizer, reported by Yassine Aboukir
- two different XSS problems via attachment names, reported by Jouko Pynnönen and Divyesh Prajapati
- revision history information disclosure, reported independently by John Blackbourn from the WordPress security team and by Dan Moen
- oEmbed denial of service reported by Jennifer Dodd from Automattic
- unauthorized category removal from a post, reported by David Herrera from Alley Interactive
- password change via stolen cookie, reported by Michael Adams from the WordPress security team
- and some less secure sanitize_file_name edge cases reported by Peter Westwood of the WordPress security team.
The previous version of WordPress was 4.5.2 and it was released on May 6, 2016.
Our Website Maintenance Department will be in contact with you regarding these upgrades. Clients that have signed up for our
Automatic WordPress Update Program or Website Care program will get their website updated in the next week or so or if a follow-up version of WordPress is released.
View the complete list of WordPress versions here.
Read more about why WordPress updates are important.
What’s the “Website Care” Program About?
If you haven’t heard about our Website Care program, then you’re missing out!
There are different levels to choose from but with each level, you get your installation of WordPress checked weekly for updates to the core software, plugins and themes. The benefit is that your website software is kept up to date. This work is done by hand and we test your website after the upgrade to make sure everything works like it should.
The program is either by monthly subscription or you can save 10% and pay for a year in advance. When you use this program you save about 40% on updating WordPress. It’s kind of a no-brainer!
Sleep better knowing that your website is being taken care of when you enroll in our Website Care program today!