As we’ve been mentioning over and over, the best thing you can do for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) / getting your website to rank higher is write great content. Google loves good content that will help people since that’s what they do – they give out good results.
You need to:
- Write “bookmark worthy” or “share worthy” content that will really help people / answer their questions / solve their problems
- Make the copy on the page look scannable:
- Use headings
- Use bold test
- Use bulleted lists
- Have at least 1 picture – add more if possible
- Add a video if possible
- Write content with a few, good keywords in mind
- Write 500 words or more – the more, the better (no fluff)
- Link to other articles on your website
- Link to other, good, reputable resources
Is this content that you can just whip up in 20 minutes? Well, once you get used to writing I think you can. I often crank out articles in 20-30 minutes.
What if You’re Not a Writer?
If you’re not a writer, then you’re not going to want to write and that means it won’t get done. That’s the truth, right? If you’re a writer or not, that’s no excuse… the work still needs to get done if you want your website to start being a marketing tool for your business or organization. The simple answer here is to hire a copywriter. We can help with that if you wish.
Choosing the right topic to write about is critical. You want the right kind of traffic, right? You want the traffic that is your target market/audience. Why attract visitors that have nothing to do with your product or services? Choosing the right keywords (as I like to say) is like taking a reading on a map. If you’re a few degrees off, you won’t end up where you need to be. It’s important to do research and choose the correct keywords and topics to write about. We can also help with this.
Want More Info?
Here’s a great article I found today about writing good content for your website:
The trouble with content production is that you may feel your efforts fall short of your audience’s expectations. The early content published on your website may not reach the target audience because you may not completely understand what readers want. Likewise, veteran site owners creating content may feel they miss the mark because there is so much pressure and expectation once they’ve been established.
And here are more articles on our website that will help you:
- Getting Found in Searches
- Create a Website Your Customers Will ‘Like’ and Love
- Starting an SEO Project
- Does Your Website’s Content Matter?
- Vary Your Link Text
- You Should Be Blogging or Adding News to Your Website