To add a new portfolio, follow these 2 steps:
- Create a new photo gallery block
- Call the photo gallery block
Procedure I: Create a new photo gallery block
Please follow these steps to create a new photo gallery block:
- Log in to website admin panel
- Navigate to FME -> Photo gallery -> Manage Gallery Blocks
- Click on the "Add Photo gallery Block" button on the top right corner
- Enter the title of the photo galley block
- Enter the unique ID(identifier) for the photo gallery block
Note: Copy this identifier value to use it while calling this photo gallery block.
Example: “sample” is the identifier in the screenshot below. It should be unique value. It can contain alphabets, and numbers without space in between.
Here is couple of examples for identifier: sample1, sample2
- Choose the status as "Enabled" from the dropdown
- On the editor (WYSIWYG – What You See Is What You Get) appears, enter the content for the photo gallery. Refer the below screenshot
- To add in images to the photo gallery, click on "Gallery Images" on the left side tab.
- Click on "Browse Files..." button on the right side bottom. Once the popup appears, choose images from your computer.
- Click on "Upload Files" button on the right side bottom.
- Click on "Save Photo gallery Block" button.
Procedure II: Call the photo gallery block
Please follow these steps to call the photo gallery either on a category or a page:
To call on a category:
- Create a new category or go to the existing category
- Go to the Custom Design tab
- For the Custom Layout Update text box, copy and paste the code below
- After you paste the code, CHANGE the name (sample) and value (sample) to the identifier that you have used when creating portfolio. Refer to this screenshot:
To show it on the page, follow the instructions below:
Create a new page or go to the existing page.
Click on the Design option then on the left panel Scroll down to the Custom Design section.
For the Custom Layout Update XML text box, copy and paste the code below:
After you paste the code, CHANGE the name (sample) and value (sample) to the identifier that you have used when creating a portfolio.
You are done.