Make Sure Your Payment Gateway Works With a Live Transaction
When your website launches or if we have done any changes to a payment/donation form on your website or with a shopping cart (really anything involving payments online), we may ask you to do a test transaction to make sure it's working correctly. We may have already done one but this final check is to make sure that everything is working properly and so that you see it's working how it should.
In doing one of these live, test transactions, you need to know a few things:
- You can use a personal or company credit card.
- You should be able to go into your payment gateway and void or cancel the transaction once it's complete. Do this before the daily capture takes place.
- If you need it set up to have a special product or coupon code so that your transaction is just a few dollars, please let us know.
- Please look at the account where the funds came from (the credit card) and verify that the funds were deducted.
- Please look at the payment gateway and make sure that the transaction shows up as pending.
Then please let us know that it went through successfully and that everything runs fine.
How to Keep Testing Your Gateway
If you do run an online store or take payments/donations online, you should be doing a few things:
- Balance everything. Every month (or every day) verify that funds taken at the payment gateway are hitting your bank account.
- Match up the emails you get from the website with what is happening at the payment gateway.
- You can't completely trust email. If you have an online store or take payments/donations online, make it a habit to login to your payment gateway daily and look for orders. Your email might not be working or receipt emails could end up in a spam/junk folder.
Good luck running your store. Let us know if you need anything.