Joomla 3.8.12 is available and it’s a security release. Since a few security issues and bugs have been resolved, we’re considering this a security fix and we recommend all Joomla website owners have this upgrade done.
Joomla 3.8.12 is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses 3 security vulnerabilities and contains over 20 bug fixes and improvements.
Joomla! 3.8.12 Release (joomla.org)
What's in Joomla! 3.8.12?
Security Issues Fixed:
- Low Priority - Core - Hardening the InputFilter for phar stubs (affecting Joomla 1.5.0 through 3.8.11)
- Low Priority - Core - Stored XSS vulnerability in the frontend profile (affecting Joomla 1.5.0 through 3.8.11)
- Low Priority - Core - ACL Violation in custom fields (affecting Joomla 3.7.0 through 3.8.11)
Bug fixes and Improvements:
- mod_articles_latest and mod_articles_news: fix to show featured articles #21336
- Tags in com_content: fix to display tags when other item info are set to hidden #21275
- com_tags: All Tags default layout #21031
- Allows filtering by the archived state in the redirect component #21673
Our Website Maintenance Department will be in contact with our clients regarding this upgrade. If you need this upgrade done on your website, please contact us.