Joomla just released another version on 12-12-2017 and it’s a security release. Since a few security issues have been resolved, we’re considering this a security fix and we recommend all Joomla website owners have this upgrade done.
This is a bug fix release for the 3.x series of Joomla fixing bugs which were reported after previous Joomla releases.
Joomla! 3.8.3 Release (joomla.org)
What’s in Joomla! 3.8.3?
Joomla! 3.8.3 addresses three security vulnerabilities and over 60 bugs, including:
– Support for multiple download sources on update servers (AKA download mirrors)
– PHP 7.2 Compatibility fixes
– Update TinyMCE 4.5.8
– Multilingual Associations component: reduce the number of duplicate queries
– [com_fields] Multilanguage: fixing display of fields when the item concerned is set to ALL8
– Eliminate crippling performance of content search plugin for large sites with custom fields
Our Website Maintenance Department will be in contact with our clients regarding this upgrade. If you need this upgrade done on your website, please contact us.