Joomla 3.8.4 is now available and it's a security release. Since a few security issues have been resolved, we’re considering this a security fix and we recommend all Joomla website owners have this upgrade done.
This is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla addressing four security vulnerabilities and including over 100 bug fixes and improvements.
Joomla! 3.8.4 Release (joomla.org)
What’s in Joomla! 3.8.4?
Joomla! 3.8.4 addresses four security vulnerabilities and over 100 bug fixes, including:
– Contact form loses data after submission with error
– Smart Search performance improvement for common words
– Performance improvement in Smart Search indexing process
– Update jQuery Autocomplete to 1.4.7
– Update CodeMirror to 5.33.0
– Update srcset url conversion to handle commas and spaces
– Custom Fields: Handle tag items properly
– Fix filepath to PHPMailer language file
– Display category title as page heading and page title when no menu item for com_content category
– Respect access level in com_content
– Miscellaneous PHP 7.2 compatibility fixes
Our Website Maintenance Department will be in contact with our clients regarding this upgrade. If you need this upgrade done on your website, please contact us.