Joomla! 3.8.6 is now available and it's a security release. Since few bugs have been resolved, we’re considering this a security fix and we recommend all Joomla website owners have this upgrade done.
This is a security fix release for the 3.x series of Joomla addressing one security vulnerability and including over 60 bug fixes and improvements.
Joomla! 3.8.6 Release (joomla.org)
What’s in Joomla! 3.8.6?
Security Issues Fixed:
- Low Priority - Core - SQLi vulnerability in User Notes (affecting Joomla 3.5.0 through 3.8.5)
Bug fixes and Improvements:
- Various session management improvements
- Multilingual: Associated categories should display only when published
- Improve performance of the com_content category view with filter by tags
- [com_fields] Fields are not copied when batch duplicating an article
- Hide global configuration and system information from non super users
- Delete existing user_keys, if password is changed
- PHP 7.2 compatibility fixes
Our Website Maintenance Department will be in contact with our clients regarding this upgrade. If you need this upgrade done on your website, please contact us.