Joomla 3.9.16 is Out
Joomla 3.9.16 is available and it’s a security release. Since a few security issues and bugs have been resolved, we’re considering this a security fix and we recommend all Joomla website owners have this upgrade done.
What's in 3.9.16?
Joomla 3.9.16 is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses 6 security vulnerabilities and contains over 20 bug fixes and improvements.
Joomla! 3.9.16 Release (joomla.org)
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - SQL injection in Featured Articles menu parameters (affecting Joomla 1.7.0 through 3.9.15)
- Low Priority - Core - CSRF in com_templates image actions (affecting Joomla 3.2.0 through 3.9.15)
- Low Priority - Core - XSS in Protostar and Beez3 (affecting Joomla 3.0.0 through 3.9.15)
- Low Priority - Core - Incorrect Access Control in com_templates (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.15)
- Low Priority - Core - Identifier collisions in com_users (affecting Joomla 3.0.0 through 3.9.15)
- Low Priority - Core - Incorrect Access Control in com_fields SQL field (affecting Joomla 3.7.0 through 3.9.15)
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Link rel attributes: ‘noopener’ attributes, ‘sponsored’ and ‘ugc’ attributes
- Fields - Imagelist: Correct the display of the folder structure
- Popular Tags Module fix
- User - Contact Creator plugin: catid fixed
The previous release was on January 28, 2019.
Our Website Maintenance Department will be in contact with our clients regarding this upgrade. If you need this upgrade done on your website, please contact us.