Joomla 3.9.19 is Out
Joomla 3.9.19 is available and it’s a security release. Since a few security issues and bugs have been resolved, we’re considering this a security fix and we recommend all Joomla website owners have this upgrade done.
What's in 3.9.19?
Joomla 3.9.19 is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses 5 security vulnerabilities and contains over 40 bug fixes and improvements.
Joomla! 3.9.19 Release (joomla.org)
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - XSS in modules heading tag option (affecting Joomla! 3.0.0 through 3.9.18)
- Low Priority - Core - Inconsistent default textfilter settings (affecting Joomla! 2.5.0 through 3.9.18)
- Low Priority - Core - XSS in com_modules tag options (affecting Joomla! 3.0.0 through 3.9.18)
- Moderate Priority - Core - XSS in jQuery.htmlPrefilter (affecting Joomla! 3.0.0 through 3.9.18)
- Low Priority - Core - CSRF in com_postinstall (affecting Joomla! 3.7.0 through 3.9.18)
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Fix incomplete utf8mb4 conversion since 3.9.17
- Backport jQuery 3.5 security fixes
- Frontend: Removal of the create/edit menu item buttons
- Extend the checks to make sure only real user admins can create accounts
- Mail: Support of dotless domains
- Codemirror updated to its latest release
- Improve translation system supporting better pluralization for languages like Welsh
The previous release was on April 22, 2019.
Our Website Maintenance Department will be in contact with our clients regarding this upgrade. If you need this upgrade done on your website, please contact us.