Joomla 3.5.1 is Out
A new version of Joomla has been released and it’s an upgrade.
We think our clients should WAIT to do this upgrade. Joomla says it’s a minor upgrade but we’re seeing some components not working so this one needs to be done carefully. Do NOT click on the Joomla upgrade button as it could cause parts of your website to no longer work.
And here is what Joomla says about the upgrade:
Joomla! 3.5.1 Released (joomla.org)
Joomla! 3.5.1 is now available. This is a bug fix release for the 3.x series of Joomla. This release fixes a variety of bugs that have been reported since the release of Joomla 3.5.0.
Joomla 3.5.1 fixes some issues found in the 3.5.0 release two weeks ago, this includes:
- Fix root url sometimes returning empty in canonical URLs
- Fix having to log in twice when user session expires
- Some SMTP emails could no longer be sent due to a bug in the SMTP email server setup
- Session restarts caused PHP Errors
- Fix insertid() returning 0 for the PDO MySQL driver
- Fix the Empty trash and unarchive button not existing for com_banners
The previous update to Joomla was on on March 22, 2016.
|TYPE OF UPGRADE:||Bug fixes|
|MAJOR OR MINOR:||Minor|
|SUGGESTED ACTION:||Wait, unless you’ve already upgraded to 3.5|
|WHY:||Fix the bugs in 3.5|
Our Website Maintenance Department will be in contact with all of our clients running Joomla regarding these upgrades and we’ll get you a quote.