UPS Shopping Cart Integration
To have your website shopping cart connected with UPS shipping, we need the following:
1. Sign Up at UPS
First, go to the UPS Developer Kit page. The steps at UPS (at the time of this article) are:
Step 1: Register with My UPS.
Step 2: Log-in
Step 3: Select an API.
Step 4: Download the API documentation.
Step 5: Request an access key.
(See the walkthrough below if you need help)
Once you are done there, please send us your:
- UPS Access Code
Here's a walkthrough of what to do at UPS:
Basically, you need to get an access key but to do that, UPS wants to make sure you have a shipping account with them.
- Steps 1 and 2 should be self-explanatory.
- Step 3 is where you select an API. When you login, it's not obvious where to do this. Basically, you can skip steps 3 and 4. Go to step 5.
- Step 5 is requesting the access key. Click on that link and go to the form. They will want you to add or open a UPS account.
- If you need to set up a UPS account, then they are going to walk you through a wizard (series of questions) to set that up.
- If you have an account with UPS, then they will ask you for the account number, name and postal code.
- If needed, go back to Step 5 and request the key again but by setting up an account or linking an accout should get the process rolling.
2. Tell Us Which Options You Want
Tell us which types of UPS pickup methods you want:
- Daily Pickup
- Customer Counter
- One Time Pickup
- On Call Air Pickup
- Letter Center
- Air Service Center
Tell us which types of UPS packaging you are using:
- UPS Letter
- UPS Tube
- UPS Pak
- UPS Express Box
- UPS 25 kg Box
- UPS 10 kg Box
Tell us which shipping methods you want displayed on your website:
- UPS Next Day Air
- UPS 2nd Day Air
- UPS Ground
- UPS Worldwide Express
- UPS Worldwide Expedited
- UPS Standard
- UPS 3 Day Select
- UPS Next Day Air Saver
- UPS Next Day Air Early A.M.
- UPS Worldwide Express Plus
- UPS 2nd Day Air A.M
- UPS Express Saver
Send us all this information we're requesting here either through Basecamp or else via your open ticket in our ticket system.