Joomla 3.9.2 is Out
Joomla 3.9.2 is available and it’s a security release. Since a few security issues and bugs have been resolved, we’re considering this a security fix and we recommend all Joomla website owners have this upgrade done.
Joomla 3.9.2 is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses 4 security vulnerabilities and contains over 50 bug fixes and improvements.
Joomla! 3.9.2 Release (joomla.org)
Security Issues Fixed
– Low Priority – Core – Stored XSS in mod_banners (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.1)
– Low Priority – Core – Stored XSS in com_contact (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.1)
– Low Priority – Core – Stored XSS issue in the Global Configuration textfilter settings (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.1)
– Low Priority – Core – Stored XSS issue in the Global Configuration help url (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.1)
Bug fixes and Improvements
– Fixes for states in com_finder, com_banners, com_messages, com_users notes
– Removal of the Caching field in the languages, syndicate, random image, and login modules
– Editors API extended
– Menu Item Alias type: Redirection is optional
– com_media: Normalisation of uploaded file names
– Code cleanup and namespacing
Our Website Maintenance Department will be in contact with our clients regarding this upgrade. If you need this upgrade done on your website, please contact us.