Joomla 3.9.2 is available and it’s a security release. Since a few security issues and bugs have been resolved, we’re considering this a security fix and we recommend all Joomla website owners have this upgrade done.
Joomla 3.9.2 is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses 4 security vulnerabilities and contains over 50 bug fixes and improvements.
Joomla! 3.9.2 Release (joomla.org)
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority - Core - Stored XSS in mod_banners (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.1)
- Low Priority - Core - Stored XSS in com_contact (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.1)
- Low Priority - Core - Stored XSS issue in the Global Configuration textfilter settings (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.1)
- Low Priority - Core - Stored XSS issue in the Global Configuration help url (affecting Joomla 2.5.0 through 3.9.1)
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Fixes for states in com_finder, com_banners, com_messages, com_users notes
- Removal of the Caching field in the languages, syndicate, random image, and login modules
- Editors API extended
- Menu Item Alias type: Redirection is optional
- com_media: Normalisation of uploaded file names
- Code cleanup and namespacing
Our Website Maintenance Department will be in contact with our clients regarding this upgrade. If you need this upgrade done on your website, please contact us.