Joomla 3.9.6 is Out
Joomla 3.9.6 is available and it’s a security release. Since a security issue and a few bugs have been resolved, we’re considering this a security fix and we recommend all Joomla website owners have this upgrade done.
Joomla 3.9.6 is a security release for the 3.x series of Joomla which addresses 2 security vulnerabilities and contains over 25 bug fixes and improvements.
Joomla! 3.9.6 Release (joomla.org)
Security Issues Fixed
- Low Priority – Core – XSS in com_users ACL debug views (affecting Joomla 1.7.0 through 3.9.5)
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Media Manager: Fix logic in file upload check introduced in 3.9.5
- Edge Chromium support added
- User Notes: Fix date format
- Frontend editing: article category editable by Publishers and up
- Cache: Cache folder automatically created if it doesn’t exist
- PostgreSQL database improvements
Our Website Maintenance Department will be in contact with our clients regarding this upgrade. If you need this upgrade done on your website, please contact us.